Vibeline FAQs - Using Vibeline
Vibeline is always fun and exciting. And with different callers all the time, it’s a great new experience every time you call. Here’s what to expect:
- Start by finding your local access number. Then call your local number to join the fun!
- You’ll record a greeting that will introduce you to the other callers. You can re-record your greeting as many times as you like. Once you save it, it plays to the other callers to let them know you’re on the line.
- Next, listen to greetings from other callers. Hear someone you like? Send them a message! If someone’s into you, they’ll message you too. You can respond to anyone (or everyone!) you want — it’s always up to you.
- Find someone really special? If messages are flying like sparks, invite them to join you for some 1-on-1 fun! Your private chats are just that — private! What you do is between you two. Don’t worry, people can still send you messages while you're in a private chat. You’ll hear them once you’ve left it.
Your greeting introduces you to other callers, so don’t be shy! This is your chance to share what’s special about you. Relax and take your time because the best greetings get the most responses! Here are some tips for recording a greeting to get you noticed:
- Keep your tone positive! Do you sound approachable? Interesting? Strong? Remember, people are attracted to confidence so speak clearly and remember to smile.
- Show off the real you by sharing your best features, interests, and passions. Think about what will make you stand out to other callers, and let them know!
- Most importantly, tell them what you're looking for! Whether it's friendship, a relationship, or something more erotic, asking for what you want is the best way to get it.
- It’s okay to call Vibeline with your friends, but remember: if there’s more than one of you on the line, you each need to say your name in the greeting.
- Listen to your greeting when you’re done to make sure it sounds the way you want and that it can be heard clearly. If you change your mind or what you're looking for, you can record a new greeting any time you want.
We want everyone to have an enjoyable, satisfying experience using our system. We will not tolerate:
- Any discrimination based on age, gender or race
- Any references to illegal activity
- Threats of violence or harm
When you receive a message from someone who interests you — and we know you will — you can instantly exchange private messages with them, just like sending a voicemail that they’ll hear right away. When you’re ready, send a connection request to connect with them live in a private conversation.
Hear from someone who’s not your type? Just skip the message! If they’re really bugging you, you can even block them by pressing "7" on their greeting. Callers that you block can’t hear your greeting, and you won’t have to hear theirs either. If you think they are doing something they shouldn’t, you can also report them to our quality department by pressing "7" again after blocking them.
Time starts to be deducted after you’ve recorded your greeting and you begin to listen to greetings from other callers. From then, time is deducted from your membership on a per-minute basis. The system will always let you know when time starts and stops being deducted. Memberships that remain unused for a period of three months will be deactivated without refund.
Your membership number gives you access to Vibeline and your pass code is like your bank PIN number so it is important to keep these numbers private and not to share them with anyone. To protect yourself and your mailbox from fraudulent use, call our friendly, 24-hour Customer Service at 1-800-434-4469 if you lose your numbers. For your security, you might be asked to verify your personal information.
Offline Messaging means that not only can you hear greetings from callers currently on the line, you can also hear greetings from callers who were recently on the line, and they can hear your greeting when you’re not on the line. You can also send messages to offline callers and receive messages from callers when you’re offline. Near misses are a thing of the past! You can also save messages you receive so you can listen to them again later on.